Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kernan **loves** Transformers!

Like seriously loves them! He really was obsessed with them about 2 months ago.. I swear for a straight week he watched Transformers 1 over and over!! In fact, that's probably what broke our DVD player!! Ü
So of course every time we'd go to Walmart and pass the Transformer toys we'd have to look! Well Bumblebee is his favorite!
Here is a cute picture I took with my phone to show my Mom his true love for Bumblebee...
If you notice, he has one Bumblebee in his hands, another in the car form on his pillow and Transformer pj's on!!
Photobucket

One of my favorite things about Kernan and his love for Transformers is how he says, "Me- Bumblebee... Daddy- Optimus Prime!" I love that he thinks so highly of his Daddy like that to think of him as Optimus Prime!! Ü
Here he is with his Transformers "pack-pack" he HAD to have when school supplies were all over the stores! He had to sleep with it that night! And yes, that is his 'ca' in his mouth... he still had it then! Ü
Photobucket

Well the Monday before we got to Arizona (so last Monday) my Mom and Dad bought a 2010 Camaro!! My Mom's first car when she was 16 was a navy blue Camaro, so when Transformers 1 introduced the "concept car" for the new Camaro, she was in LOVE!! They were planning on ordering one, but this was just to good of a deal to pass up so they got it a lot sooner then planned!! But for us, it was perfect timing!! When we got there late Wednesday night (basically Thursday morning) we walked by it in the garage and showed Kernan Grandma's "Bumblebee" car... His first comment was, "That not Bumblebee, him yellow, not RED!" haha! He's such a smart kid!
Here is Mom's car...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

I seriously felt like I was 16 again just getting my license!!

Oh we need something from the grocery store... I'll go!!

Jaxin needs a ride where... I'll take her!!

Let's pick up the pizza... I'll go get it!!

No joke!! My poor Mom didn't drive it at all while I was there! I drove everywhere! But anytime we took the car anywhere, Maci, Jaxin and Stockton were all in tow with us! I wonder if the excitement will ever wear off?! Not for us! We can't wait to get back down for Christmas!!

Well we ended up having to stay an extra day... Long story!
So on Sunday while everyone else was at church, we couldn't go because we didn't bring church clothes thinking we were leaving to go home on Sunday, we wanted to take the car for a stroll, again! Ü And we realized that Kernan hadn't gotten to ride in it once the entire time we had been there! Which we thought was weird, he hadn't once asked to go when we'd leave, he never threw a fit when we would go places in the car... For as obsessed with Bumblebee as he is that was so weird!!
So on Sunday we said, "Come on Bud, let's go take a ride in Grandma's Bumblebee car!"
This is the reaction we got...
Photobucket

Totally NOT what we expected to get!! He was seriously crying so hard on the floor because he didn't want to go!! Why didn't he want to go...
Photobucket

He was afraid it would TRANSFORM while he was in it!!! That never crossed our mind that he'd be scared of the car!!
Photobucket

So we tried to convince them that Grandma's car wouldn't transform! He wasn't buying it...
I tried telling him that only the YELLOW ones transform, but that wasn't doing it either! So we finally told him that we'd go for a short ride and that Turtle had been in Grandma's car for a ride and he thought it was so fun and it didn't transform while he was in it!!
Photobucket

So we got Turtle and he headed out...
Photobucket

Daddy was showing him all the cool buttons and stuff, telling him that it was just a car and nothing was going to happen... He still was not liking it!!
Photobucket


Photobucket

So we got in and took it around the block, Kernan and Turtle got to drive with Daddy...
Photobucket

So as we were going, I thought he was getting better with the car and figuring out that it wasn't going to Transform... Until, he pointed to the CAMARO on the steering wheel. He said, "Mom, it has M,M,M on it." and I said, "Ya, it has letters it says, 'Camaro'." and he VERY SERIOUSLY said, "NO, Mom, it say TRANSFORM!" Oh goodness!!
Photobucket


Photobucket

So when we got back around to my Mom's house we put his car seat in and told him that now that he knows it's not going to transform on him we'd go for a longer ride. He wasn't to happy about that either!! As funny as it all was, it was just as sad!! The poor kid HONESTLY thought this car could change into a Robot!!
Photobucket

He got over it though, he ended up falling asleep on our longer drive. And when asked wither he wanted to go hit golf balls with Dad and Maci the next morning or go to Hobby Lobby with Mom and Grandma he said, "First we go one more ride in the cool car!" So I think he's good now! But it amazed us all just how REAL that movie looks!! And it also showed us that movies like that are rated PG-13 for more reasons then just language, violence, and sexuality! Poor kid!!

A side story about Transformers 2 being PG-13... We bought it and watched it on our drive to AZ last Wednesday... Well the kids watched it on their tv's and we just had it hooked up threw the speakers so we could at least listen along...
As it was getting started I looked at Brian and said, "Maybe we shouldn't be letting Maci watch this one... There is a lot more sexuality in the second one!"
Brian replied, "Yes, but how many times have we said that so many of the movies we watched when we were little have so much adult humor and we never caught onto it."
To which I said, "Yes, but what if she's smarter then us!" Ü
Well 3/4 of the way into the movie all the sudden she asks us, "Does this movie have any funny parts in it? Or just fighting?"
Brian and I just looked at each other and laughed!! We're safe! haha!

So we're home now, I'm busy editing 3 shoots from Arizona, working on getting everything together for Maci's Halloween party on Friday at school that I'm in charge of, and working on updating all of my photography stuff!! I've decided to change the name of my photography business... to see what it is and enter in my FIRST ever contest check out my photo blog!! Ü
Alrighty well, I probably won't post anything until Halloween so I hope everyone has a safe and Happy one!! Ü

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Loooovvvveee It!!! We have a little transformer lover at our house too! I wonder how he would react to your moms car! By the way Chase decided to be Megatron for Halloween. He says he is "Scary for Halloween"

Amie said...

that's too cute! We haven't let our kids watch the transformers 2 movie--we will, but we'll be editing certain parts out. I hate that the transformers swear.

Team Skousen said...

HAha that is too funny! Those kids can't be fooled!

Jamie Sue said...

K, I'm getting more and more caught up on your blog. I'm only behind by 9 posts now! :D

Anonymous said...

Guys..
a found a great place to find nice products at cheap rate at [url=http://50off.reviewazone.com/]50 % off[/url]
Have Fun

Anonymous said...

Hello..
a found a great place to find nice products at wholesale rate at [url=http://50off.reviewazone.com/]50 % off[/url]
Have Fun

Anonymous said...

nice article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone learn that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.