Monday, September 19, 2011

Back to School!

I still can't believe that I'm sitting here in a quiet house because both my kids are in school right now!  It's so sad!
Here's my Kindergartener, just before we were leaving for the first day of school, with Blankie in hand Ü

Photobucket

Our big 4th Grader
Photobucket

My school kids... :(
Photobucket

Our Kindergartener!
Photobucket

I love this picture!
Photobucket

But Kernan was tired of looking up, that darn sun can be pretty bright!
Photobucket

Walking to school...  I love these two!
Photobucket

Family Picture Ü
After this, our big kid went to her class with Grandma while Daddy and I went with Kernan
Photobucket

Finding his cubby
Photobucket


Photobucket

Sitting at his desk
Photobucket


Photobucket

Then Mrs. Lawrence read a book, after the book the parents had to leave...  We totally should have left before the book!
Photobucket

She read "The Kissing Hand" I had really been holding it together all morning.  I prayed and prayed that I would be able to hold it together in front of Kernan...  Well it's a good thing I was standing in the back of the room, I totally started crying while his teacher read the book!!
But we hugged and kissed good bye and walked home... Then Brian left for work, and I had a GOOD cry and have been fine ever since!
Photobucket

About the 4th day of school, this is what I was asked to bring in the car when I went to pick Kernan up... Blankie and his two cars. Ü

Kernan really likes school, his teacher is so good!  His favorites so far our PE with Coach Cooper and of course, every kids favorite, Recess Ü
Although, he's been struggling the last week or so, last Monday he didn't want to go. When I went to drop him off he was crying and didn't want to get out of the car!
So I brought him back, put him in his pj's and in bed.  He cried in there for 20 mins before changing his mind and wanted to go back.
Then on Thursday he told us he wanted to be 4 again so he wouldn't have to go to school anymore!
Hopefully it's just a stage!  He has a LONG school life ahead of him!

3 comments:

Kami said...

Kernan sounds like Kade only now Kade says he wants to be 5 again so he can go back to kindergarten!

I too cried when Kade's Kindergarten teacher read the Kissing hand. Then I went out and bought the book. Such a cute book.

PC&Trev said...

Poor Kernan, it's probably because you all had so fun on the camp out. He probably wasn't ready for the schedule blah ALL DAY.

It's weird to think Trevor and Kernan are in Kindergarten. Time goes by so fast.

PC&Trev said...

Poor Kernan, it's probably because you all had so much fun on the camp out. He probably wasn't ready for the schedule blah ALL DAY.

It's weird to think Trevor and Kernan are in Kindergarten. Time goes by so fast.