Saturday, April 30, 2011

April 30th~ 6 years~ A Day to Remember~

As I sat down to write an entry for today, I thought... I still REALLY like what I wrote last year! Ü  I'm not sure I can top it today!
So instead I thought we'd take a look back at all my entries on "Broc's Days"

And Last Year... 5 years!  Reposted below...
Although it never gets any easier as this day rolls around every year (which it does, every year) I'm so blessed in my life!!  Happy Broc Day Baby Boy!!  We Love You and are SO thankful you're a part of our eternal family!!!  Your sister and brother love you so much and are SO excited to go get your balloons and let them go for you today!  Love you and Miss you everyday!! 
~Mommy



Why Am I a Photographer?!
I get asked this a lot...  And today is a good day to answer that question.
5 years ago today...
My Husband and I faced the biggest challenge we have yet to face, and I hope it's the hardest we ever have to face...
5 years ago today we held our sweet angel boy Broc for the FIRST and LAST time on this Earth.
On Friday April 29, 2005 I was 37 weeks pregnant with our first little boy, we were SO excited!
I woke up that morning feeling contractions but by 10:30 I realized I hadn't felt him move.
I didn't panic. (I'm not a worrier)
I just took the day slowly, by 5:30 I decided to call the nurse...
I didn't hear back from her until 6:30,
when I told her what was going on, she suggested I go to the hospital and get checked out.
So off we went...

That night I heard something that I hope to never hear again,
"Jessica, I am so sorry."
In that instant I knew he was gone.
Broc Christopher Mandile
April 30, 2005
Photobucket

He was perfect.
He is perfect.
And that is why he is gone.
He is too perfect for this earth.
I must admit, I'm jealous.
He will have no trials.
He will have no saddness.
He will have no fears.
i'm jealous.
He is HAPPY.
He is PERFECT.
He is OURS.
I can't wait to hold him again one day.
Families Are Forever.

So why am I telling you about him?!
Because HE is the reason I am a Photographer.


Photobucket


When I was 32 weeks pregnant, I had Maternity pictures taken.
I remember people thinking that was weird.
It was still the "new" thing to do.
I'm so thankful I did them.

Photobucket

Then I have the pictures of my perfect baby boy.
That my sweet friend that took my maternity pictures touched up for me.
She made them perfect.
Just. Like. Him.

Photobucket

And my DEAR friend Melanie, who took my Maternity pictures, and touched up the ones of Broc.
Came to the funeral to take pictures.

Photobucket

I cherish
every. single. one.

Photobucket

Pictures are all I have to remind me of my sweet boy.
Pictures.
this is my Dad... one of my favorite pictures of all time!
Photobucket

And that is why I am a Photographer.
I want to make sure families have pictures to remember all the times in their lives.
In the end,
sweet baby noises will be forgotten
silly things kids say, sadly we won't remember
your wedding flowers will be dead
and you'll forget the feeling of your Grandma's hands.
But if we have pictures of all of that, we'll remember.
I promise you that.
For me, 5 years ago, feels like yesterday.
Because I have pictures to remind me of the emotions.
I'm so grateful for that.

I hope I give that to every family I photograph.
That is why I am a Photographer.

Photobucket

If you'd like to hear Broc's story in more detail, I'm always willing to talk about him! Just ask!! Ü


5 comments:

Kristi aka Spoiled Scrapper said...

Jessica... Every year I think I cry harder when I read this! What an amazing gift Broc gave you!

Love Ya
Kristi

Kami said...

Happy Birthday Broc!
*hugs*
Hope you have a very peaceful day remembering your sweet baby boy Broc!

Liz said...

Each year I knnow this post will nbe up and the tears still stream down my face and u are a great photographer happy n day broc

Unknown said...

Ps. 140:12. I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and justice for the poor.
Please for Christ sake help me
I have made a blog at blogger.com Since i have added a google adsense in the blog but haven't made a penny with this. I need your help and support to help me make some money to PAY MY Tuition Fees.

What you have to do is follow these simple steps

1.go to http://kwotz2011.blogspot.com/
2.Remain on the page i.e Kwotz for one minute or so and do some random surfing
3. click ONE of the ads that APPEALS to you from Ads by Google boxes and visit there.
4.remain on that page for one minute or so and do some random surfing.
and that's it.

Note: Only ONE click is needed. If I ever ask you again for the click please never ever click again.
I will be grateful to you.
I really need your help
God Bless Your Family

Kel and Deke said...

Jessica,
I don't know if you remember me but name is MeKell Burch (maiden- McWhorter). I went to Sunrise Mtn. H.S. with you and Brian. I found your blog through Holly's. When I read this post I was so touched. In Feb. of 2005 we lost twin boys Ethan and Dylan at 21 weeks into my pregnancy due to a placenta abruption. They lived for a little over two days. Dr. McKernan was our doctor as well. He has delivered all our babies. He is amazing. Broc is so beautiful and my heart was so touched reading your post and previous posts. You two are amazing and Macy and Kernan are so cute. Our blog is www.afamilysandwich.blogspot.com thank you for sharing those pictures of you sweet baby I know how sacred they are. MeKell.