Friday, August 12, 2011

Our Summer happenings... Besides Disneyland

So my kids are in school... I'm a loser sitting at home by myself! Ü But I have time to get caught up on blogging now! haha!
Besides our 2 trips to Disneyland this summer (blogging about the second one will be up in a couple days) We've had a pretty low key but fun summer!  One thing that has happened this summer is, I got an iPhone!  If you know me well you know I LoVe my MacBook computer!  I should get paid for how highly I talk about Apple and tell everyone I know to get one!  When Verizon finally got the iPhone I was SO excited!!  This commercial is SO me!

I decided with rumors of the iPhone5 coming out just 4 months after, I'd be a little bit more patient and wait for that!  Well, the time of the iPhone5 coming out got pushed back farther and farther...
Then they came out with the WHITE iPhone4 and I just couldn't wait any longer!!
Isn't it BeAuTiFuL?!

  Thankfully my contract was up so I was able to go get one for myself! And I'm in LOVE!! 
Here's one last commercial I just have to share!! 

So why am I going on and on about my iPhone?!  Well because it's brought a strange turn of events to my picture taking this summer... I don't hardly ever carry my nice camera!  All these pictures from our summer are from my iPhone! Ü  I told you I'm in love! haha!  Ok, onto the pictures and stories of our summer...
Kernan LOVES when Daddy gets his dirt bike out and runs it for a minute... It usually means that Kernan gets a ride!  I love this picture of my boys!
Photobucket

We've been able to meet up with our best friends the Helms a couple times this summer!  I'm not sure if I've mentioned this on the blog, the Helms are our friends we made while we still lived in Hurricane... Well we both moved to AZ the same time!  Only down side is they're on the opposite side of the valley!  But we've both decided that the opposite side of the valley is better then still being in Hurricane! Ü
Kernan and Kameryn are the bestest of buddies!!
Photobucket

Cooper
Photobucket

The kids up high in the tunnel above us, Kameryn, Maci, Kernan, Cooper and Jaxin
Photobucket

Last month we met up at a splash pad and let the kids play for awhile...
Photobucket


Photobucket

I love these next two pictures!  We hadn't been home for more then 3 days from our Disneyland trip in June and Kernan was already mapping out what rides we'd go on when we went on our next trip!
Photobucket

He even hung the two parks maps on the fridge and would study them often!
Photobucket

Every trip we take to the mall includes a stop at the Apple store, or as we refer to it,
"The Most Beautiful Store in the Mall!"
I wish they did child care!  I know Kernan would sit here and play on the computer the entire time we shopped!!  I love my little Apple boy!
Photobucket

Is it just me or has there been some GOOD movies out this summer?!
We saw Cars 2... Love it!
Photobucket

Here's a quick video of Kernan with a quote from the first Cars movie...

To translate he's saying: "The cutest little town in carburetor canyon"

Brian and I went and saw the new Transformers movie, when we came home and Kernan realized where we had gone he wanted me to take him back!  So I'm a sucker and did!  Yep, I spent 5.5 hours at the theater that day! Ü  But it made my boy happy and was SO worth it!  Good thing it's a good movie!
Here he is holding both his Bumblebee Cars in front of a REAL Bumblebee car!  Remember the story of him being scared of my Mom's Camero?  Well he's since gotten over that, but I don't think we'd ever get him in a YELLOW one!  He thinks that they really will Transform!
Photobucket



We've played a LOT of Wii this summer!   Here is Kernan doing his morning Yoga on Wii Fit!
Photobucket

This kid is SO funny!!  He watches tv and movies UPSIDE DOWN!!  I've never seen a kid spend more time on their head then our kid does!!
Photobucket

Here was my view from the kitchen... Silly kid!
Photobucket

A couple cute pictures of Harper Ü
I bought her a couple cute shirts...
Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm telling you, her shirts speak the truth!!  She LOVES me! Ü  No really I'm not lying!
Here her and Kernan are sharing a stroller ride at the mall last week...

Photobucket

Another thing we've done a LOT of this summer is swimming!  Kernan has really learned a lot in that area this summer!  I love this picture of him and Kolby!!
Photobucket

The night I took the above picture this child did not want anything to do with getting his face wet!!  If you took his floaties off he'd cling to you like a leech! Ü
Here is the same kid the next day...  He does things on his own time I'm telling ya!


We spent some time swimming at Poppy's Pool...
Photobucket

After the boys were done with swimming they'd dry off while riding the quad around the backyard...
Photobucket

LOVE this blackmail picture of Trevor!  hehe!
Photobucket

We've been enjoying a fun Monsoon season this summer too!  I'm convinced that Heavenly Father gives us Arizonians Monsoon season to keep  us here through the heat! 
Photobucket

The kids have loved going out and playing in the rain!
Photobucket

One night a few weeks ago while enjoying a Monsoon storm, Brian decided it would be a good time to give Kernan a hair cut...  Gotta love garage hair cuts! Ü
Here is a before shot! Yikes!
Photobucket


Photobucket

And that pretty much sums up our summer of 2011!  I still have pictures from our last Disneyland trip to share and then it's 1st day of school pictures!!  I still can't believe I have a Kindergartner, or the fact that I am home alone during the day, but the deafing quiet that is in my house right now proves that I indeed am!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute entry... that cooper boy is so adorable!! Fun times in the summertime....

PC&Trev said...

Love the blog! If your bored, come on over. Just text me before so I am wearing more than boxers :)

Sam and Melissa said...

Love your summer recap. You have almost convinced me to buy an iphone.... I loved the monsoon pictures, by the way. I couldn't end up making it to AZ before my due date (3 weeks!), but I did just buy tickets for Christmas week. We will have to get together.